- Terms: Acceptance of this quote, including these terms and conditions, by Customer shall constitute an order and contract for the purchase of the equipment and/or services (“Product”) described herein (the “Agreement”). If this quote is not accepted by Customer within 30 days, ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems US Inc (“AAES”) reserves the right to change the Product and prices quoted. Any action by Customer in furtherance of a sale or purchase of Product shall constitute acceptance of the Agreement. Any additional orders, changes or extras for material or labor will be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement. All terms and conditions contained in any previously or subsequently submitted Customer agreement or purchase order (including, without limitation, any verbal representation or understandings or terms and conditions in Customer’s purchase order) which are different from or in addition to the terms set forth in this Agreement are expressly rejected and shall not be binding on either AAES or Customer and AAES objects thereto. No addition to or alteration of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in a writing signed by an authorized representative of each party specifically referring to the Agreement.
- Labor: AAES’s labor is non-union and non-prevailing wage unless otherwise stated.
- Specific Exclusions: The following exclusions apply to all work quoted or performed by AAES unless otherwise stated:
- Cost of bonds, building permits or fees.
- All other items, products or services that are not listed as inclusions.
- Recertification and/or re-labeling of modified doors or frames.
- After-hours security of any type including temporary board up.
- Cost of special insurance requirements.
- Preparation, installation or connection of material supplied by others.
- Engineering services, structural support, door frames or backing.
- All electrical work including conduits, boxes and wire runs for high or low voltage requirements.
- Paint/patch of walls, finish paint/stain, fascia or trim work.
- Interface fire/smoke/security alarm systems.
- Protection or cleaning of material after installation.
- Dust and/or security barricades.
- Submittals, cut sheets and/or shop drawings submitted by AAES and approved by Customer, general contractor, architect or owner shall be deemed the correct interpretation of the scope of work to be performed even if inconsistent with the architectural plans and specifications.
- Commencement of Work. AAES will not commence work by ordering materials or fabrication until: a) Customer has signed this Agreement and AAES has countersigned this Agreement; b) All complete and current plans, drawings and specifications, if applicable, have been delivered to AAES by Customer; c) All submittals, cut sheets and/or shop drawings submitted by AAES have been approved by Customer, general contractor, architect or owner and have been returned to AAES with a stamp of approval; d) AAES has received all information from related trades affecting the scope of work being performed; e) AAES has received, after Customer’s compliance with 5a – 5d, reasonable notice to commence fabrication or ordering of materials within the factory lead time in effect at the time of notice from Customer; f) All credits and debits for changes in quantity or design of material furnished have been accepted in writing.
- Delivery: This quote is subject to AAES’s ability to procure suitable material at the time of manufacture. Shipping dates are approximate only and are subject to change. AAES shall not be liable in damages or otherwise for delays or failure in performance when caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, acts of God, strikes, labor difficulties, acts of governmental or military authority, and/or delays in transportation or in procuring materials. In the event that AAES is unable, due to any such occurrence or otherwise, to fulfill its total commitments to all customers, Customer agrees to accept as full and complete performance by AAES, deliveries in accordance with such plan or proration as AAES may adopt. AAES will provide commercial packaging, adequate under normal conditions, to protect the products in shipment and identify the contents. Should Customer request any special packaging, it will be done at Customer’s expense. All products will be shipped via the most cost effective means of transportation under the circumstances, unless Customer indicates otherwise. In the event Customer requests expedited shipping and handling, AAES shall comply provided Customer pays all reasonable expediting and increased shipping fees and expenses. If Customer provides no routing instructions, AAES shall be the sole judge of the best method of routing shipment. Claims for loss or damage in transit must be entered and prosecuted by the Customer. AAES will provide reasonable assistance, at Customer’s expense, upon request.
- Installation Requirements. All installations must occur during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.). Installations occurring outside of normal business hours may incur additional charges. Customer must provide the appropriate equipment for use during any installation, if required, at no charge and must be responsible for unloading at the job site. If unloading is not available at the job site, Customer may incur additional charges. AAES is not responsible for the proper design and construction of the structures (e.g., walls, buildings, mounting methods, etc.) that AAES door systems are affixed to. AAES will only provide clearance drawings, jamb details and static load calculations. AAES does not supply hardware for mounting the door system. Once given authorization to proceed, Customer must provide the following for installation: a) appropriate permanent power must be available to each of the automatic operators at the time of installation. Additional charges will be added in the event it is not. b) If the project contains multiple units, Customer must provide AAES with the ability to complete the work in a manner that allows for the continuous installation of multiple units without interruption, delay or return trips to the project site. If the work cannot be completed as set forth herein, Customer shall incur additional charges. c) Customer must properly prepare the area for the Product installation. If the installers arrive and find that the area is not properly prepared to accept the Product for installation, Customer shall incur additional charges for loss of time for the crew, travel and staging. d) Customer must ensure that the area is accessible and free of other trades working above, below or adjacent to AAES’s Product. If the installers arrive and find that other trades might impede our ability to install in the area, Customer shall incur additional charges for loss of time for the crew, travel and staging.
- Back-charges. No back-charges will be accepted unless approved in writing by AAES.
- Cancellation: All orders shall be subject to cancellation fees to cover any and all administrative fees and restocking fees. If materials have been ordered and Customer cancels the order, Customer shall pay for all materials released for fabrication in addition to all administrative and restocking fees. If no materials have been ordered, Customer shall pay 20% of the overall order.
- Payment. 50% deposit or joint check agreements are required for new customers that are denied credit or special orders. Payment terms are net 30 days from invoice date, plus applicable state sales tax, if any. If payment is not received within 30 days, a finance charge of 1½ % per month will be assessed and added to past due invoices. If Customer defaults in payment obligations with respect to Product, AAES has the right to suspend fabrication or cancel any outstanding orders. If Customer defaults in payment obligations with respect to services, AAES has the right to file a lien against all or part of the property being improved. Should payment be received in the form of a check containing insufficient funds, a charge of $25.00 will be added for each additional deposit attempt. In the event AAES has to enforce its right to payment under this Agreement, Customer agrees to reimburse AAES for any costs reasonably incurred by AAES relating to Customer’s default (e.g., costs of collection, attorneys’ fees, and court costs).
- Shipment and Risk of Loss. Title, ownership and risk of loss of product(s) purchased by Customer (“Purchased Product”) shall pass from AAES to Customer upon shipment of Purchased Product from AAES’s factory. AAES reserves the right to invoice Customer for 50% of the contract upon shipment of Purchased Product from the AAES factory. The Customer shall maintain all risk insurance upon the full value of the work performed, materials delivered to the jobsite or materials stored at a temporary location away from the job site. Further, AAES reserves the right to bill for material only if Purchased Product is stored on the jobsite or at a temporary location away from the job site and Customer agrees to pay any such invoice within thirty (30) days of receipt.
- Insurance. AAES’s obligation to maintain insurance shall be limited to the types and amounts of coverage set forth on the certificate of insurance submitted by AAES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. AAES shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including without limitation, lost profits or savings), arising from or related to the sale of Product or any related installation or maintenance services, even if such damages are foreseeable or AAES had notice of such damages. If AAES breaches any of its obligations, Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, and AAES’s entire liability, shall be the re-performance of AAES’s applicable warranty obligations set forth above with respect to the purchased Product and the re-performance of any non-conforming services with respect to any installation or maintenance services purchased by Customer. This limitation of liability will apply even if AAES’s re-performance of any obligation or any refund provided fails of its essential purpose. In no event shall the aggregate liability of AAES arising from or related to the Agreement exceed the amounts paid by Customer, howsoever arising and irrespective of the type of claim. This limitation of liability reflects a negotiated allocation of risks between the parties and is an essential part of the consideration for AAES’s performance of the Agreement.
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems US Inc. (“AAES”) is a manufacturer and provider of many automated entrance systems. The following represents the warranties for the various AAES products:
In general, extended warranties are available for an additional charge. Warranty does not apply when damage is caused by misuse, fire, flood, storms, vandalism, acts of God, or any other cause outside of AAES’s control. No allowance or credit will be made or given for any warranty material or labor repairs made by AAES. In the event (i) it is discovered that the Product has been tampered with or (ii) if work has been performed on the Product by any person or company other than AAES, all warranties and obligations of AAES set forth herein shall be void. AAES reserves the right to refuse to perform warranty service if Customer has not complied with all payment obligations under the Agreement. Warranty services shall be performed during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. In the event after-hours, weekend or holiday warranty service is required, over-time or double-time labor and zone charges will apply and will be invoiced at the then-current AAES labor rates.
Automatic Pedestrian and Sectional Door Systems
AAES warrants only the equipment supplied and installed by AAES to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of installation (the “Warranty Period”). AAES, at its sole option, shall repair or replace at its own expense, any materially defective work or material during the Warranty Period. Any work will take place during AAES’s normal working hours, which are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Service requests that are not covered by this warranty will be charged at AAES’s published service rate. Service requests outside of normal working hours will be charged at AAES’s published emergency service rate.
Service requests not covered by this warranty include, but are not limited to:
- Requests for service occasioned by a lack of reasonable care in the maintenance of material and equipment including: a failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions, abuse, neglect, vandalism, acts of civil disorder, acts of war, acts of God, water damage, adverse weather conditions, fire, natural disaster, variations or interruptions in the power supply, unauthorized modification or adjustment, or any other reason beyond the reasonable control of AAES.
- Requests for service made necessary because of any related components not furnished and/or installed by AAES.
- Requests for service to perform routine maintenance, including, but not limited to: any speed and timing adjustments, normal wear and tear to movable components (i.e. rollers, brush sweep, track cap, bottom guides, pivots, etc.), and other maintenance items considered customarily a part of routine service in the industry (ask your AAES authorized service dealer about options for a complete maintenance program).
- Service requests for operator resets, replacement fuses or batteries, dismounted drive and control unit, and incorrect fusing.
- Service requests where evidence exists that others have examined the material and equipment intended to be covered by this warranty.
- Travel time and expenses associated with calls for service where the equipment is found to be operational and running upon AAES’s arrival to the location.
AAES reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void this warranty on account of any amounts due owing for this or any other accounts AAES may have with the holder of this warranty. Nothing herein is intended to imply that the Warranty Period is to be extended beyond the expiration date referenced herein, including repair or replacement of equipment during the Warranty Period. This warranty is not intended to cover any AAES manufactured product that has been installed, reinstalled, or serviced by anyone other than an AAES certified technician or an AAES authorized agent.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AT AAES’S OPTION IS CUSTOMER’S SOLE REMEDY AND IN NO EVENT SHALL AAES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF USE OF THE COMPONENT OR FACILITIES OR SERVICE DOWNTIME, OR CLAIMS OF OTHERS. AAES’S LIABILITY PURSUANT TO THIS WARRANTY SHALL IN NO CASE EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE ALLOCABLE TO THE AUTOMATIC DOOR COMPONENT OR PORTION THEREOF WHICH GIVES RISE TO THE CLAIM.
High Performance Door Systems
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems (“AAES”) warrants to the end-user customer that its Albany- brand High-Performance Doors systems will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the times periods and as set forth below. Pursuant to this Limited Warranty, AAES, will, at its option, repair or replace any defective component warranted hereunder.
5-year / 1,000,000 Cycle Limited Warranties on Mechanical and Electrical Components:
For Albany-brand door systems with MCC Vector Controllers or AllStar Variable Frequency Controllers, AAES warrants that the motor/gearbox (excluding catch systems) shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) full years or one million cycles from the date of shipment, whichever occurs first. All other mechanical and electrical components are warranted against defects for a period of two (2) full years or 300,000 cycles from the date of shipment, whichever occurs first. For Albany-brand doors with any other controller supplied by AAES, AAES warrants that all mechanical and electrical components (excluding gearbox catch systems) shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) full year or 150,000 cycles from the date of shipment, whichever occurs first.
Warranties on Door Panel Materials:
AAES warrants that styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) fabric door panels (curtains) will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the door; door panels made of EPDM are warranted for a period of five (5) years; RollTex® panels are warranted for a period of five (5) years; three (3) ply panels are warranted for a period of three (3) years; two (2) ply and insulated material panels are warranted for two (2) years; and vinyl fabric materials, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) weaves, wind locks, roll strips, mesh screen materials, transparent (PVC) polyvinyl chloride materials and windows are warranted for one (1) year.
In all cases, labor is warranted for one (1) year. This means AAES will provide warranty service without charge for labor in the first year of the warranty period. Thereafter, a charge will apply in to any repair or replacement under this Limited Warranty.
Warranties on Door Parts:
Components or parts sold separately by AAES for Albany-brand doors are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days. Any components or parts sold separately which fail due to defects in material or workmanship within ninety (90) days from the date of shipment will be placed under this Limited Warranty provided installation had been carried out in accordance with AAES procedures. This warranty is limited to providing replacement parts(s) only. No goods will be accepted for return unless authorized by AAES in writing. All return shipments must be freight prepaid by the Buyer.
Wear items including springs, brake pads, tension and lift straps, fuses, batteries, light bulbs, heat bulb elements, and seals are excluded from this warranty.
The foregoing is the sole and exclusive warranty given by ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems with respect to the Albany-brand goods sold. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW NEITHER ASSA ABLOY NOR ITS THIRD PARY SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY OF THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. ALBANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY. AAES does not warrant that the operation of any Albany-brand product will be uninterrupted or error free. This Limited Warranty only covers product issues caused by defects in material and workmanship during ordinary use; it does not cover issues caused by misuse, negligence, abuse, acts of God, unauthorized alterations or modifications, use of unauthorized parts, lack of or improper maintenance, damage resulting from interconnecting Albany-brand products with other goods not supplied by ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems, or reasons beyond our control. Buyer acknowledges that Buyer alone has determined that the goods and services will meet the requirements of their intended use.
Mechanical and Electrical Components: For MEGADOOR-brand doors, AAES warrants that all mechanical and electrical components shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) full year or 150,000 cycles from the date of shipment, whichever occurs first. The polyester lifting belt shall have a lifetime warranty. Warranty is not valid for doors that have been impacted or for doors where the frame tolerance has been exceeded due to an impact or lack of maintenance. Warranty covers replacement of materials only and not labor.
Door Fabric Materials: AAES warrants that the PVC coated door fabric will be free of defects in materials and workmanship and are warranted for a period of five (5) years; mesh screen materials, transparent (PVC) polyvinyl chloride materials and windows are warranted for one (1) year. In all cases, labor is warranted for one year. This means AAES will provide warranty service without charge for labor in the first year of the warranty period.
Spare Parts Warranty: Components or parts sold separately by AAES for MEGADOOR-brand doors are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days. Any components or parts sold separately which fail due to defects in material or workmanship within ninety (90) days from the date of shipment will be placed under this Limited Warranty provided installation had been carried out in accordance with AAES procedures. This warranty is limited to providing replacement parts(s) only. No goods will be accepted for return unless authorized by AAES in writing. All return shipments must be freight prepaid by the Buyer.
WARRANTY. A. MEGADOOR warrants to Purchaser that the Products and Parts are free from defects on materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of shipment to the Purchaser. Should any failure to conform with this warranty appear within such time, and provided the Products and Parts have been under normal and proper use and have been properly stored, installed, handled and maintained in a competent, diligent manner by Purchaser, and if given prompt written notice by Purchaser, but in no event later than ten (10) days following the end of the warranty period, MEGADOOR shall, at its option, either: (i) authorize repair or replacement by Purchaser and reimburse Purchaser; (ii) repair or replace the non-conforming Product or Part; or (iii) refund the purchase price of the non-conforming Products and Parts after return of such non-conforming Products and Parts to MEGADOOR. Return of Products and Parts to MEGADOOR pursuant to this paragraph shall be at Purchaser’s risk and expense. Replaced Products and Parts shall become the property of MEGADOOR. B. Repairs or replacements pursuant to the foregoing warranties shall not renew or extend the original warranty period above but any such repaired or replaced Products and Parts shall be warranted for the time remaining on the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer. C. This warranty does not apply to any Products and Parts which (a) have been improperly repaired or altered; (b) have been subject to misuse, accident or negligence; (c) have been used in a manner contrary to MEGADOOR’s Instructions; (d) are comprised of materials provided or design stipulated by Purchaser; or (e) are subject to normal wear and deterioration. This warranty similarly does not cover routine mechanical adjustments such as are described and explained in the instruction manual furnished to the Purchaser with the Products and Parts. Such adjustments are the responsibility of the Purchaser. D. LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE, WRITTEN, ORAL OR IMPLIED AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY MEGADOOR. Correction of non-conformities in the manner and for the period of time provided above shall be Purchaser’s exclusive remedy and shall constitute fulfillment of all liabilities of MEGADOOR (including any liability for direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages) whether in warranty, contract, negligence, tort, strict liability or otherwise with respect to any non-conformance of or defect or deficiency in the Products and Parts supplied or services furnished hereunder. The lifting belt shall have a lifetime warranty and the fabric shall have a five (5) year warranty from the day of substantial turnover to the end user. All other products fall under the above definition.
Commercial and Industrial Door Systems
AAES warrants to the original purchaser that AAES will, at AAES’s option, repair, repaint, replace, refund at original purchase price or pay the original purchaser to repair, repaint, replace items of an AAES Residential Garage Door that are defective in material or workmanship and at the home of original installation for the warranty periods stated in the Limited Warranty Table below, pursuant to the terms of this Limited Warranty which includes more specific Limited Warranties below. The AAES Limited Warranty is for installations of complete AAES garage doors (sections and hardware) for single-family residential, residential condominium or similar residential multi-family housing. The AAES Limited Warranty does not apply to commercial, industrial, rental property or non-residential uses. The AAES Limited Warranty is not transferable or assignable in whole or part.
The AAES Limited Warranty extends to normal usage when the door has been installed and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. The warranty period begins at the time of purchase. The AAES Limited Warranty is extended to the original purchaser only. Warranty does not apply to any damage or deterioration caused by: abuse or misuse, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance as defined by manufacturer’s maintenance and installation instructions, use of a pressure washer to clean the areas surrounding the garage door or the door itself, improper installation of garage door or electric garage door opener, improper handling of garage door or electric garage door opener, fire, hail, hurricanes, tornadoes, flood, wind or any other acts of God or nature, normal wear and tear, product misuse, repair, alteration and/or additions to door, any puncture or hole drilled into the door not shown on the AAES’s installation instructions and the results of such puncture or hole, failure of paint applied after manufacture and distribution, atmospheric and other local conditions, including, but not limited to: areas subject to fallout or exposure to corrosive chemicals, fumes, salt spray, ash, cement dust, animal waste or foreign substances and areas subject to abrasive cleaners, vandalism, accident, neglect radiation, or water runoff from lead, copper or galvanic metal flashing, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of AAES.
To make a claim under this warranty, contact us promptly after discovery and within the applicable warranty period, in writing at the address listed below or via email to ask.AAES@entrematic.com. Send a complete description and photographs of the issue and proof of purchase. Upon receiving the claim, AAES may, at its discretion, send its agents or personnel to inspect the product before repair, repaint, replacement, refund or payment. AAES may also instruct the purchaser to return the specified item(s) to the nearest AAES facility, shipping prepaid. As a condition of payment to the original purchaser, original purchaser must sign a legal waiver for any warranty payment, product provided or work performed. Response may take up to two weeks from receipt of warranty claim.
If AAES determines the item(s) to be defective within the applicable limited warranty period, AAES agrees, at AAES’s option, to repair, repaint, replace, refund at the original purchase price, or pay the original purchaser to repair, repaint or replace the defective item(s). Any charges for freight, removal, installation, painting or labor shall be the responsibility of the original purchaser. REPAIR, REPAINT, REPLACEMENT, REFUND OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF SPECIFIED PARTS OR PAYMENT TO REPAIR, REPAINT OR REPLACE IS THE SOLE REMEDY OFFERED BY THIS WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL AAES BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM DEFECTIVE GARAGE DOOR ITEM(S).
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages or on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state or province to province.
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE NOT DISCLAIMED, THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABIITY, IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTIES HEREIN.
Limited Warranty for AAES Steel and Aluminum Garage Doors
Paint System Limited Warranty
If your AAES steel or aluminum garage door sections rust through because of the paint finish cracking or peeling, AAES warrants to the original purchaser that AAES will, at AAES’s option, repair, repaint, replace, refund the original purchase price or pay the original purchaser to repair, repaint or replace the defective section for the warranty period listed in the Limited Warranty table above. Surface rust, chips or scratches in the paint, which result in cosmetic or surface corrosion, are not covered in this warranty. Painting an AAES steel or aluminum door voids the Paint System Limited Warranty.
Section, Parts, Hardware & Springs Limited Warranty
For all AAES steel and aluminum garage door models, if any section, part, spring or hardware, excluding perimeter seal, is defective in material or workmanship, AAES warrants to the original purchaser that AAES will, at AAES’s option, repair, repaint, replace, refund the original purchase price or pay the original purchaser to repair, repaint or replace the defective item for the warranty period listed in the Limited Warranty table above. For AAES Carriage Court door models, AAES warrants to the original purchaser that the overlay trim and window grille will not discolor for 10 years from the date of purchase and the overlay trim will not delaminate for 5 years from date of purchase. This section, parts, hardware and springs warranty applies to standard lift and low headroom applications only (not to hi-lift or vertical lift).
Window, Window Frames & Inserts Limited Warranty
For all AAES steel garage door models, if any DecraGlass™, DecraTrim, insulated glass or window frame is defective in material or workmanship, AAES warrants to the original purchaser that AAES will, at AAES’s option, repair, repaint, replace, refund the original purchase price or pay the original purchaser to repair, repaint or replace the defective item for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. For any glass or laminated glass that is defective in material or workmanship, AAES warrants to the original purchaser that AAES will, at AAES’s option, repair, repaint, replace, refund the original purchase price or pay the original purchaser to repair, repaint or replace the defective item for one (1) year and five (5) years respectively from the date of purchase. This warranty excludes single pane glass and decorative hardware. This warranty shall be void when insulated glass is installed in high-moisture environments (swimming pool enclosure, sauna, Jacuzzi, hot tub, sky light, refrigeration unit or greenhouse).
Limited Warranty for Wood Garage Doors
If your AAES wood sections are defective in materials or workmanship, AAES warrants to the original purchaser that AAES will, at AAES’s option, repair, replace, refund the original purchase price or pay the original purchaser to repair, repaint, or replace the defective section for the warranty period listed in the Limited Warranty table above, This warranty excludes the glass and the decorative hardware.
AAES wood doors have natural wood variations that enhance its natural beauty, and the uniformity of wood section color and grain is not warranted. Some splitting and cracking is a natural characteristic of wood and is not covered under warranty. Damage caused by failure to finish and care for the wood door is excluded from this warranty. Finishing and care information is available on www.AAES.com. No warranty of paint or stain compatibility is made or implied.
Loading Dock Equipment Systems
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS AAES’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE DOCK LEVELER AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
AAES warrants that the dock leveler will be free from flaws in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the earlier of 1) 60 days after the date of initial shipment by AAES, or 2) the date of installation of the dock leveler by the original purchaser, provided that the owner maintains and operates the dock leveler in accordance with this User’s Manual.
Main Spring Warranty – All main springs are warranted to cover the cost of replacement parts and freight only for an extended period of four (4) years after the initial 1 year warranty period.
Parts warranty – All spare parts or replacement parts are warranted to cover the cost of replacement parts and freight only for ninety (90) days from the date of shipment.
In the event that this dock leveler proves deficient in material or workmanship within the applicable Limited Warranty period, owner shall so notify AAES, and AAES will, at its option:
Replace the dock leveler, or the deficient portion(s) thereof, without charge to the owner; or
Alter or repair the dock leveler, on site or elsewhere, without charge to the owner.
This Limited Warranty does not cover any failure caused by improper installation, abuse, improper operation, negligence or failure to maintain and adjust the dock leveler properly. Parts requiring replacement due to damage resulting from vehicle impact, abuse, or improper operation are not covered by this warranty. AAES DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR LOST PRODUCTION) arising out of or related to the use, installation or maintenance of the dock leveler (including premature product wear, product failure, property damage or bodily injury resulting from use of unauthorized replacement parts or modification of the dock leveler). AAES’s sole obligation with regard to a dock leveler that is claimed to be deficient in material or workmanship shall be as set forth in this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty will be null and void if the original purchaser does not notify AAES’s warranty department within ninety (90) days after the product deficiency is discovered.
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH AAES HEREBY DISCLAIMS.