Many businesses are looking for ways to enhance their operation without compromising on safety. While every business has unique needs, we’ve found that one of the easiest and most effective upgrades you can make is to replace your interior or exterior rolling doors with a higher-quality option.
Whether you’re an automotive company or a grocery store, chances are you’ve got rolling service doors that could do with an upgrade. And no matter your industry, your business could benefit from replacing your old door with high-speed doors.
While overhead door security, durability, and style are important considerations, the main focus of this article is speed. Why? Because faster doors can make a world of difference for your business, not only in terms of time savings but also in many other ways. As one of North America’s leading high-speed door suppliers, we’re here to help you learn more about why our doors are the best choice for your business. Keep reading to learn more about the great benefits that fast overhead doors have to offer.
Reasons to Purchase High Speed Doors
Here at Door Systems, we understand your need to increase efficiency and productivity without compromising on secure, durable doors. But with so many other improvements that you can make, why should overhead doors be a priority?
Consider how important your industrial roll-up door or garage is to your business. Not only does it provide access to necessary areas in your facility, but it also plays an important role in protecting your products, personnel, facility, and processes. A poor overhead door, on the other hand, won’t protect your area and may decrease productivity, increase costs, and lead to worse working conditions. In short, a quality door is necessary to ensure that your business operates smoothly!
We know that choosing the right doors can make your business better. Not convinced yet? Below you’ll find six great reasons that you should switch to an industrial high-speed roll-up door.
High Speed Roll-Up Doors Increase Productivity
Many roll-up doors open at the rate of only a few inches per second. Sure, it may not sound long, but if you use your doors several times throughout the day, then those seconds can really add up. High-speed or high-performance doors can travel the same distance in just a fraction of the time, thanks to their innovative mechanical design that allows for faster opening and closing speeds.
We all know that speed and productivity usually go hand in hand, so it’s easy to see how a faster rolling door can greatly (and safely) increase your productivity. With the door's faster opening and closing cycle, your employees and clients will be able to move throughout your facility quickly and easily without needing to wait for a door to open.
A high-quality door combined with professional installation and long service life also means minimal downtime. Another important consideration? When it comes to windy or harsh weather, faster doors are much more functional than slow ones, which means they can remain operational so that your business procedures don’t have to come to a halt just because the weather has turned.
Commercial Businesses Require Durable, Fast-Acting Doors
Industrial high-speed roll-up doors see lots of use — as a result, they’re built to last. These doors offer a smoother operation and springless design that helps reduce wear and tear, which is one of the main causes of door failure or maintenance. That means that they can go longer without needing maintenance, even if you’re using them multiple times a day.
Industrial commercial roll-up doors are specifically designed to stand up to rigorous, repeated movements, but their durability doesn’t stop there. The best doors can also withstand harsh weather and temperature conditions, and they also come with features that increase the longevity of the motor.
Overall, you can easily expect your high-performance doors to last through years of use without needing replacement or excessive maintenance. And that means more money and time savings for your business.
High Performance Doors Can Improve Security
Exterior rolling doors are one of the most effective facility security systems. However, it’s important to remember that your security is only as good as your door. Choosing the right door is a must if you want to protect your personnel, products, processes, and premises.
Not only do durable and efficient doors help protect your business while shut, but they also make it less likely that an unauthorized person will enter into a restricted area. The right doors — such as heavy-duty, double-walled aluminum doors — also provide a durable and rigid barrier that can prevent accidents, damages, or malicious entry.
Energy Efficient Doors Can Help Save Money
Fast-acting doors can help you cut costs in a variety of ways. One of the most important ways the do this is by offering greater energy efficiency than standard rolling doors. Thanks to their speedy operation, these doors help you to see your building against extreme temperatures that can cause your heating or cooling expenses to skyrocket. These doors help ensure that your HVAC system doesn’t have to work quite as hard to maintain the optimal temperature in your facility. Additionally, all the best doors also have built-in seals, insulation, and other features to help with temperature control.
High-speed overhead doors also help reduce costs by increasing productivity. They allow your employees to work more efficiently and easily. Many high-quality doors — such as those found at Door Systems — also offer a long service life and minimal maintenance, self-repairing breakaway bottoms, and high-quality installation procedures that will also save your business money in the long term.
High-Speed Doors Are Necessary For Controlled Environments
Many businesses require a carefully controlled airflow that will keep certain rooms clean and free from outside contaminants. If this is the case for your company, a high-speed door is the best choice.
For companies in pharmaceuticals, food-processing, or other sensitive industries, a well-controlled environment is a must to ensure quality products. While slow-closing doors often allow dust, debris, humidity, or other health hazards to pass easily throughout a facility, a high-speed roll-up door does not. These doors are much more likely to meet the rigorous health code standards your facility needs to adhere to, as they offer a tight seal, limited exposure time when in use, and the capability to withstand extremely harsh conditions. The use of two fast-acting doors can also create a highly effective airlock for areas that are sensitive to changes in pressure.
Industrial high-speed roll-up doors are the perfect solution for ensuring the perfect, stable condition in areas such as cold storage freezers, laboratories, automotive zones, food manufacturing areas, and more.
Quality Doors Meet OSHA Safety Requirements and Regulations
High-performance doors combine the best of both worlds when it comes to safety and efficiency. Built for speed without compromising on safety, these doors often feature a variety of wonderful safety benefits. Breakaway bottoms, transparent vision panels, contactless safety edges, and tight seals are just a few of the ways that high-speed doors manufacturers like Door Systems help ensure the safety of your clients and employees.
Additionally, as mentioned, heavy-duty high-speed rolling overhead doors offer physical protection from dangerous inclement weather, debris, hazardous or corrosive materials, extreme temperatures, and other hazards that may threaten your premises and personnel.
It’s important to note that only professionally made and installed doors will offer the safety and security you want for your business. Choosing a low-cost, low-quality model will not bring you the same benefits as a high-quality overhead door.
What Businesses Need High-Speed Overhead Doors?
Not every business will benefit from high-speed roll-up doors. You may not want to invest in a faster overhead door if your business doesn’t see much day-to-day traffic or if your facility can be exposed to fluctuating temperatures. In other words, if you can leave your doors open for long periods of time without experiencing any problems, you may not need a high-speed door.
That being said, most businesses will find that fast-acting doors are a great investment. Our doors are versatile and beneficial enough to be used in a variety of industries, including areas such as:
- Food processing facilities
- Automotive service providers and manufacturers
- Large supermarkets and grocery stores
- Shipping centers and warehouses
- Storage facilities
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- Parking facilities
- Government businesses and buildings
- And more
Types of High Speed Doors
Here at Door Systems, we proudly provide an extensive range of commercial high-speed door solutions to meet your every need. Our carefully curated range is versatile enough for use across a variety of industries and includes options such as:
- Secure exterior doors. These doors are the ideal way to ensure safety and security in high-traffic areas. Not only do they have a long service life and low maintenance needs, but our range of Albany exterior doors also offer additional safety features such as transparent vision panels and tight seals to help protect your facility from weather, dust, and debris. They’re a great solution for garages, automotive facilities, warehouses, loading docks, and other areas. We offer a range of dedicated exterior doors, including rigid exterior doors and high-speed exterior doors.
- Cold-storage doors. Our range of cold storage doors is designed to help protect products that must be kept at certain temperatures. They’re the perfect solution for industrial or commercial freezers or refrigerators. Their fast operation helps ensure that your products stay safe while also cutting back on energy costs.
- Heavy-duty doors. We stock a selection of extremely capable doors that are designed to hold up to even the most vigorous use. Our heavy-duty, fast-acting 1024 High Performance doors doors can last up to 1 million rotations without requiring maintenance, making them the ideal solution for businesses that need a door they can trust for extended and consistent use. Likewise, our popular Extreme® 300 Series High Performance doors also offer extended, maintenance-free open and close cycles so that you don’t have to worry about business being stopped by a malfunctioning or broken door.
- Cleanroom doors. Ideal for controlled-environment applications, our line of cleanroom doors offers an easy and effective way to keep your area free from contamination. These doors are often used in pharmaceutical, chemical, and micro-mechanic industries. Their tight seals, easy cleaning and maintenance features, and high-quality materials allow you to meet all the necessary safety standards that are required of your business.
- Ultra-fast doors. If you’re simply searching for a faster door that doesn’t compromise on safety or security, our collection of UltraFast Rapid Roll doors is the perfect solution. Our Albany Rapid Roll doors offer incredible speed and built-in safety features, making them the perfect solution for facilities that need to be able to shut or open their doors at a moment’s notice.
All of our doors are made from the best materials, such as galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum, compositive vinyl, and more. And with our professional installation and maintenance capabilities, we can ensure you have the best doors for many years to come.
High-Speed Overhead Door Solutions for Every Commercial Need
A high-quality overhead door can make a significant impact on your business. But choosing the best one? Now that can be a difficult process.
As one of North America’s most trusted high-performance doors suppliers, Door Systems is here to help you discover the coverings you need to increase the productivity and security of your facility. If you’re ready to upgrade your doors, our team is here to lend a hand.
Whether you want to consult the experts on the perfect type of door or want to work with a trustworthy supplier and installation team, we have the solutions and the expertise you need. Our experienced team will work closely with you to help you find the best overhead door solutions for your unique needs and goals. Even better? Once you find your door, we’ll be here to help you maintain it as needed throughout all its years of service.