Business leaders must make decisions that guide their operations toward optimal efficiency, safety, and security. The equipment and tools that companies use play a significant role in overall safety and efficiency. If you operate a business that uses warehouses or factories in its operations, you need to consider your roll-up doors.
The primary purpose of a roll-up door depends on its application, and they are used in numerous warehouse areas. Rolling shutter doors may be used to provide insulation as well as protection against the outside elements and protection while machines are operating. Regardless of the application, rolling shutters should open smoothly and efficiently, supplement safety in the workplace, and keep maintenance costs low.
At Door Systems, we are proud to partner with the manufacturing organization ASSA ABLOY and numerous other cutting-edge manufacturers to offer innovative door solutions to our customers. Through these partnerships, we are able to offer a range of rolling shutter door solutions for external building security, high-speed production protection, and cutting-edge insulated designs. These options ensure that your rolling doors will increase your workplace’s efficiency and productivity, regardless of application.
Rolling Shutter Door Features
Rolling shutter garage doors provide compact, low-maintenance alternatives to bulky swing doors and are ideal for large openings in warehouses. Shutter doors consist of door curtains with slats on a track and roll up through either manual or automatic means. Rolling overhead doors are usually lightweight and easy to install and operate.
While there are not any specific OSHA guidelines for rolling overhead doors, there have been numerous OSHA citations advising workplaces to invest in safer overhead door equipment and better rolling door practices. These citations advise businesses to invest in safety guards to protect employees from harm.
Safe and effective rolling shutters generally feature durable aluminum or steel door curtains, secure bottom bar and locks, guides that facilitate ease of opening and closing, brackets to bolt the door curtain into place, and a counter-balance shaft to support the door curtain. Rolling shutter doors are commonly used throughout industrial spaces, including bay areas, machine guarding systems, inner warehouse spaces, and external shielding.
With these varied uses comes a variety of operator options and door specifications. Operators range from manual operators such as hand-crank or push-up to powered operators such as electric motor systems.
Though a versatile door option, rolling shutter garage doors are most effective when businesses choose door curtains and operators that suit their specific needs. The decision-making process should consider the frequency of use, the methods of product transportation through the door, and the functionality of the door.
Highlighted Product Features
We offer a variety of door curtain and operator options to ensure that your rolling shutter door will provide optimal functionality and safety in your space. These shutter door curtains and operator options can be combined to create the rolling shutter door that is right for your workplace.
High Performance Door
High performance doors are ideal for fast-paced, high-traffic areas. This door features a compact, high-speed operator, a durable springless design, a rapid-close door, and a smart controller. It offers an energy-efficient design with promised high numbers for cycle times without maintenance, making it an ideal low-cost option for high-traffic areas.
A popular high performance door choice is the Extreme® 300 Series High Performance Door.
The Extreme® 300 Series High Performance Door offers:
- 300,000 guaranteed maintenance-free cycles, with an option to upgrade to a 500,000 cycle guarantee
- Energy-efficient motor operator
- Service door with insulated curtain
- Apex™ Smart Controller
- Open speeds up to 24 in. per second
- Custom size designs
- Operational up to 10 PSF wind load
- Static up to 50 PSF design wind-load
Security doors are ideally placed as external barriers for warehouses and other workplaces. This durable door offers reliable protection against unwanted entry and break-ins. As these rugged doors are designed for security, they are best suited for lower traffic, external areas that guard property.
One of our popular security door designs is the Roll Up Security Door.
The Roll Up Security Door offers:
- Material options, including durable stainless steel, galvanized steel, or aluminum
- Maximum dimensions of 30 ft. by 30 ft.
- Operator options, including hand-crank, push-up, and motors
- Operational up to 20 PSF wind load
- 50,000 cycles warranty
- Slat options, including customizable ventilation and visibility options
- Graphic options that protect your space while displaying your brand logo, school mascot, or business sponsors with durable, full-color vinyl graphics
- Window options to increase visibility with one-way and two-way integrated windows
- Safety features that further increase your rolling security door with protection features like locks, wind load protection, and weather seals
Insulated doors can be integrated with other designs, and their ultimate purpose is to maintain temperatures on both sides of the door. Insulated doors can be used as protection against natural outside elements and climate control inside workplaces.
These doors are ideal for workplaces that require climate control, security, and durability, including industrial settings, hospitals, food service providers, and more. Insulated doors help save money on energy bills, insulate sounds, and maximize energy efficiency. They also offer protection against smoke and fire.
One of our insulated door options is the Thermiser Rolling Door.
The Thermiser Rolling Door offers:
- Compact roll-up features that require little or no maintenance
- Low cycle costs
- Warranty up to 50,000 open/close cycles
- Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating up to 30 for the curtain and up to 18 for the entire assembly
- Patented full-perimeter seal combined with thermally broken guide construction and insulated curtains, minimizing air infiltration and thermal transference
- Available with hand chain, hand crank, and a variety of motor options
- Configurable to meet a maximum operational wind load of 20 PSF
- R-value of 8 as calculated using the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals
- Flame Spread Index of 0 and Smoke Developed Index of 10 as tested per ASTM E84
- Available slat options, including aluminum, galvanized steel, and stainless steel
The ideal rolling door will significantly impact your workplace’s productivity and safety.
Door Systems is committed to providing you with exceptional rolling shutter door options, whether your workspace requires a lightweight, high performance door or a durable, secure insulated door.
Are you ready to choose the shutter door that will enhance your workplace efficiency and safety? Reach out to our door experts for more information. You can contact us online to request a quote or service or find the nearest location to you!